Then Slicks & Sticks is the perfect fit for you!
Launched in 2013 by Anthony DiMoro, Slicks & Sticks, a partner site with Sports Rants, DiMoro Sports , GridIroned, The Brawling, Futbol Post, Guerilla Bod, Mr. Aucourant, Home Run Daily, Player Ready Up, Fantasy Bolt, Stats Style Score and The Basketball Herald, allows writers to sharpen their skills and cover the auto racing world.
Here are the requirements to join the Slicks & Sticks writing team:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a skill in writing and a knowledge of sports
- Must commit to 1 article per week at minimum
- Must pledge to post content based on analysis and opinion that is backed up by statistics and facts. Slicks & Sticks wants to produce in-depth, auto racing content that goes beyond the headlines. We want our readers to come to us for the “extra” insight, analysis and content.
- Must possess a strong writing ability, attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to consistently produce thought provoking content supported by statistical information.
Slicks & Sticks encourages our writers to utilize website such as ESPN, NASCAR, F1 and other auto-racing news outlets.
Our goal is to provide content that offers a point of view/analysis that is supported by statistics and factual information (stats, numbers, quotes) while delivering in-depth auto-racing specific content.
How To Apply
To formally apply to Slicks & Sticks, please do email us the following information
- Sample of Writing (500+ words): this can be work you have done in the past. If you do not have a any past work please write a 500+ word piece and send that to us (this can be in Word Doc form, email, etc).The writing piece must demonstrate the ability to tie in statistics to support information. Our website is looking for content based on statistics and facts, we want to see an example of your ability to compose articles in that manner.
- First & Last Name
- Must agree to produce 1-article (minimum) per week
- Link to your Twitter account
Slicks & Sticks contributors are independent contractors and, once established, can monetize their content via ad banner programs.